Activists Claim Cops Murdered BLM Co-Founder’s Cousin, Then the Body Cam Footage Comes Out

Click here to read the full article.

Following a Jan. 3 traffic accident at a busy intersection in the Venice neighborhood of Los Angeles witnesses say he caused, Keenan Anderson, 31, tried to flee the police. According to witnesses, Anderson showed signs of being under the influence of drugs, including extreme paranoia and agitation. Police issued multiple warnings he would be tased if he continued to resist. He failed to comply after numerous requests by the officer and was ultimately tased. Anderson was transported to an area hospital, where he later died after suffering cardiac arrest.

Anderson was the cousin of Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors, who has made the case the latest example of police brutality against blacks. Cullors’ fall from grace came in April 2021 after The New York Post reported she had used BLM donations to purchase several high-end properties worth millions.

After Anderson’s death, Cullors posted his photograph to Instagram with the following message: “This is my cousin Keenan Anderson. He was killed by LAPD in Venice on January 3rd, 2023. My cousin was an educator and worked with high school aged children. He was an English teacher. LAPD has killed three people this year. One of them is my family member. Keenan deserves to be alive right now, his child deserves to be raised by his father. Keenan we will fight for you and for all of our loved ones impacted by state violence. I love you. #JusticeForKeenan#BlackLivesMatter.”

Despite Cullors’ portrayal of this episode, body camera video released by the officers involved tells a far different story.

In the video below, Los Angeles Police Department Captain Kelly Muñiz, tells reporters that witnesses said Anderson was “running in the middle of the street and exhibiting erratic behavior.”

The officer asked Anderson to sit down and he complied “for several minutes,” Muniz said. After backup arrived, Anderson got up and ran into the street. The officers ordered him to stop and “to get on the ground.”

“As the police tried to take Anderson into custody, he became increasingly agitated, uncooperative and resisted the officers,” she said.

Continue reading here.

Scroll down for comments and share your thoughts!


What do you think?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

PREMIERING 7:30PM ET: Sebastian Gorka on Russia-Ukraine War Narratives, Political Prisoners in America, and the Politicization of the Intel Community

Hunter Biden asks court deny request from mother of daughter Navy to take the Biden surname