Click here to read the full article.
Attorney General Merrick Garland on Thursday provided the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) first public statement about the FBI raid targeting former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence earlier this week, coming as both the FBI and DOJ have issued virtually no comments on the unprecedented incident.
Garland told reporters that his agency filed a motion Thursday to unseal a court-approved court warrant at a home “belonging to the former president,” which Trump “confirmed as is his right,” Garland said.
“I personally approved the decision to seek a search warrant in this matter … the Department does not take such an action lightly,” Garland said.
He said copies of the warrant were provided to Trump’s lawyers on Monday by FBI agents.
Continue reading here.
Scroll down for comments and share your thoughts!