Click here to read the full article.
Former President Donald Trump and key members of his staff have refuted and strongly denied claims made by key Biden military officials regarding the Chinese spy balloon.
The balloon, which was shot down on Saturday evening, had been a source of embarrassment for the Biden administration, and a source of concern for many Americans.
In perhaps an attempt to mitigate both embarrassment and concern, the Biden administration gave a news briefing to address these issues on Saturday, and that’s where the topic of Trump came up.
“(The People’s Republic of China) government surveillance balloons transited the continental United States briefly at least three times during the prior administration and once that we know of at the beginning of this administration, but never for this duration of time,” a defense official said.
Given the general furor this one spy balloon has caused, it was actually quite the claim that there had been multiple spy balloons in the past — let alone “at least three” during the Trump administration.
Trump fired back at those claims in an interview with Fox News Digital on Sunday morning.
“This never happened. It would have never happened,” Trump said.
Continue reading here.
Scroll down for comments and share your thoughts!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings