DOJ Told Trump to Add More Security at Mar-a-Lago 2 Months Before FBI Raid

Click here to read the full article.

The Justice Department sent a letter to former President Donald Trump’s legal team asking to increase security at his Mar-a-Lago residence after the FBI and Department of Justice went to the facility for an inspection in June, according to a letter that was released Friday.

The affidavit and Department of Justice letter (pdf), which were sought by newsgroups and other third-party entities, were unsealed by U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart on Friday at around noon. Reinhart is the same judge who approved the FBI search warrant of Mar-a-Lago that was executed by agents on Aug. 8.

“As I previously indicated to you, Mar-a-Lago does not include a secure location authorized for the storage of classified information,” the June 8 letter said, according to the affidavit. “As such, it appears that since the time classified documents were removed from the secure facilities at the White House and moved to Mar-a-Lago on or around January 20, 2021, they have not been handled in an appropriate manner or stored in an appropriate location.”

Continue reading here.

Scroll down for comments and share your thoughts!

Author

What do you think?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Student debt forgiveness could cost taxpayers up to $980 billion

LIVE NOW: Gateway to Freedom Conference: Real Medicine