DOJ Urges Court to Partially Halt Order for Trump Special Master

Click here to read the full article.

The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) on Sept. 8 urged a federal judge to stay part of her recent special master order, arguing that the government should be able to continue accessing the records marked classified that were seized from former President Donald Trump’s home last month.

Government lawyers said that investigators must have access to the records for their investigation into Trump, and as part of an effort to ascertain whether there were any improper disclosures of the materials while they were at the former president’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida.

U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon, a Trump appointee, granted Trump’s motion for a special master on Sept. 5. She also blocked the government from using the seized records “for investigative purposes.” At the same time, she said her order shall not affect the intelligence assessment being done by the Intelligence Community (IC).

Continue reading here.

Scroll down for comments and share your thoughts!

What do you think?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

EXCLUSIVE: Seattle firefighters sue city for denying religious exemptions to vaccine mandate

BREAKING: NY AG parades Bannon on perp-walk before media circus