Click here to read the full article.
Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson released a video on Tuesday afternoon saying he will bring his show to Twitter.
“Starting soon, we’ll be bringing a new version of the show to Twitter,” Carlson said in his first remarks about his future post-Fox plans. That’s “the show we’ve been doing for the last six and a half years,” he said, adding that “we’ll be doing some other things” in the near future.
Carlson then praised Twitter, which was bought by Tesla owner Elon Musk late last year, for being one of the few “platforms left that allow free speech.” He noted that in the U.S. media business, there are rules governing “what you can’t say,” which he said undermines the U.S. Constitution’s First Amendment.
As of Tuesday afternoon, Musk has not issued a public response to Carlson’s video, which has racked up hundreds of thousands of views and impressions in a short time. A video that Carlson released days after he left Fox generated nearly 100 million impressions.
The former Fox News host did not say anything about his former network, coming two weeks after the company released a statement saying it parted ways with Carlson. Few details about his departure have been given so far.
Since leaving, Fox News’ primetime ratings have dropped significantly. A replacement show, “Fox News Tonight,” too, has seen a sharp decline in ratings.
This is a developing news story that will be updated.
Continue reading here.
Scroll down for comments and share your thoughts!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings